Bringing Digital Democracy to the Dancefloor



OK, this is a shameless piece of self promotion, so you've been warned. Some of you may know that I run the Manchester leg of a really cool event called noWax. It's a simple concept: Take a ticket, wait your turn, and when your number comes up on the projector, it's time to come and play the 3 favourite songs on your MP3 player against another budding MP3J.

I'm running it as part of the Futuresonic festival which is a weekend devoted to electronic music and culture. There's also events running from Licktronica, Tramp and Real Fresh TV. noWax will be running from 6pm on Saturday at Vox Pop Music on Thomas Street in the Northern Quarter, so try and pop down if you can.

noWax @ Futuresonic
Saturday 22nd July
Vox Pop Music
Thomas Street, Manchester
6pm - 10pm, FREE ENTRY

For more info about noWax, click here, Futuresonic click here or Vox Pop click here. I look forward to seeing you there!

MP3 Skalpel - 1958 (Quantic Remix)

0 Responses to “Bringing Digital Democracy to the Dancefloor”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom

Get in Touch.

Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

BlogRoll

Previous posts

Archives

A Little Black Country Grammar

Ahr - Yes
Ar bin - I am
Bostin - Terrific
Geaus - Give me
Gob - Mouth
Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
Quoit - Exactly, entirely
Or roit? - Are you well?
Trarabit - See you again soon
More?? Here.



Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
"jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.