I want to be a part of it.



It's been a while since I've written about Cat Power. Long time readers of this blog might remember that in the early days, she featured quite a bit on here while "the Greatest" was out. Anyway, she's got a new covers record out now, titled "Jukebox", and it features Ms Marshall covering tracks by the likes of James Brown, the Highwaymen and George Jackson. It's alright, but not great, with the first four tracks sounding confident, and the rest of the record falling into a bit of a dirge. For completists only really, though the following Sinatra cover is great.

MP3 Cat Power - New York, New York

0 Responses to “I want to be a part of it.”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom

Get in Touch.

Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

BlogRoll

Previous posts

Archives

A Little Black Country Grammar

Ahr - Yes
Ar bin - I am
Bostin - Terrific
Geaus - Give me
Gob - Mouth
Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
Quoit - Exactly, entirely
Or roit? - Are you well?
Trarabit - See you again soon
More?? Here.



Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
"jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.