Albums of the Year 2008: #4



#4 Radiohead - In Rainbows

I sooooo wanted to hate this. Seriously. I've often thought that Radiohead are unnecssarily pompous, and I've struggled in certain cases to see why people love them so much. With their zeitgeist-catching download-only release, I really wanted them to be exposed as self indulgent, and while "In Rainbows" succeeds in that, it's also the best album they've released since "Kid A". Exploring similar themes to Thom Yorke's "Eraser" last year, "In Rainbows" pushes the sound of the band further than they every have before, yet with an accessibility old fans can relate to and a great jump on point for the new or lapsed.

MP3 Radiohead - All I Need / Zshare

0 Responses to “Albums of the Year 2008: #4”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom

Get in Touch.

Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

BlogRoll

Previous posts

Archives

A Little Black Country Grammar

Ahr - Yes
Ar bin - I am
Bostin - Terrific
Geaus - Give me
Gob - Mouth
Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
Quoit - Exactly, entirely
Or roit? - Are you well?
Trarabit - See you again soon
More?? Here.



Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
"jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.