Guilty Little Pleasures



We've all got them. Some people like Girls Aloud. Some people think Kelly Clarkson's ace. Some people even like squeezing spots. I find myself as a 26 year old male still loving stuff I did when I was in my teens. Yeah, OK that may mean girls and beer, but there's other stuff I know I'm too old for, yet I find it hard to give up.

Comics are a biggy. In my teens, every weekend was spent at some shop/market/book fair of sorts, catching up on the adventures of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and all the other glaring bits of US sci-fi fiction that girls never understood. I found myself getting back into them again a few years ago. At first, it was for the art, yet I ended up getting into the stories again. Now I know why my Dad actively encouraged me to buy them.

Pearl Jam is another. After Guns N' Roses, they were the next band I really loved as a teenager. Again, they're an echo from puberty that drifts into my life every once in a while, yet it's a part of those years I fondly remember, and something I'll always give time to. As a treat, that special someone in my life gave me the new album over the weekend. I wasn't hoping/expecting much - as long as all the old constants were there, I wasn't bothered. And so to it, Pearl Jams latest self titled effort isn't great, it just moves along. But while I'm sat on my bed, aged 26, reading the latest copy of Action Comics and it blasting through the stereo, it's a situation so comfortable and familiar it takes me back to more carefree times.

So here's a track from back when I thought Pearl Jam were the nuts. And you know what? They still are.

MP3 Pearl Jam and Neil Young - I Got ID

0 Responses to “Guilty Little Pleasures”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      Subscribe in Rojo
        Add black country grammar to Newsburst from CNET News.com
          Add to Google
              Add to My AOL
                Subscribe in FeedLounge
                  Add to netvibes
                    Subscribe in Bloglines
                      Add black country grammar to ODEO
                        Subscribe in podnova
                          British Blog Directory.
                            Google PageRank Checker Tool
                                dotdashcreate.com Submit your Blogs!

Subscribe by Email!!

    Enter your email address below, and get sent an update whenever something new gets posted. Easy.

Get in Touch.

    Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

Shoutbox

    Send me your track

BlogRoll

    follow me on Twitter

    Previous posts

    Archives

    A Little Black Country Grammar

      Ahr - Yes
      Ar bin - I am
      Bostin - Terrific
      Geaus - Give me
      Gob - Mouth
      Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
      Quoit - Exactly, entirely
      Or roit? - Are you well?
      Trarabit - See you again soon
      More?? Here.
    Who links to me?


    Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
    "jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.