Turnmills RIP



If you're not there already, tonight Farringdon club Turnmills is closing it's doors for the last time. I haven't a clue why it's closing (I heard about it on George Lambs show earlier in the week), but it's always been a club I've had a right laugh in, even if I haven't been for about 5 years. Turnmills was one of those clubs I used to read about in Mixmag when I was a lad in the West Midlands. When I moved to London (about 10 years ago) it was one of the first places I headed for, where I could be found dancing to the sound of the Heavenly Social (later Jukebox) and Headstart. I even stuck around a couple of times for gay night Trade, once the straight nights had finished. While it wasn't the tidiest of clubs, it's heart was in the right place, and they've played host to many a dance music luminary, including the Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Underworld, Faithless and various DFA'ers. It's a shame to know it won't be there anymore, so if you're off there tonight, have a dance for me too, OK?

MP3 The Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

0 Responses to “Turnmills RIP”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom

Get in Touch.

Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

BlogRoll

Previous posts

Archives

A Little Black Country Grammar

Ahr - Yes
Ar bin - I am
Bostin - Terrific
Geaus - Give me
Gob - Mouth
Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
Quoit - Exactly, entirely
Or roit? - Are you well?
Trarabit - See you again soon
More?? Here.



Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
"jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.