Lazy journalism.



I've found myself confronted with a couple of callous comparisons over the last few days. Firstly, on Thursday night, I discovered that Ladyhawke is actually being compared to "Tango in the Night" era Fleetwood Mac (which I strongly disagree with BTW) and is being touted as the new Stevie Nicks. I don't know which PR thought that one up, but it's complete bullshit. Dangerous bullshit though: People that don't know better will actually believe it. Wrong. I understand it's a thing called marketing, but those Fleetwood Mac fans that buy a Ladyhawke record in the belief that it's similar will end up rather disappointed.

And then yesterday, the know-it-alls at NME.com described Mogwai as being "Prog Rock". Wha??? Am I missing something here? Since when did Mogwai sound like King Crimson? Or Yes? Or Genesis? Sorry, but lazy comparisons like that just piss me off. Yeah, maybe this it's an age thing, but at least I can still tell my Math from my Post from my Prog Rock.

MP3 Ladyhawke - Paris is Burning

MP3 Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere

MP3 Mogwai - Folk Death 95

0 Responses to “Lazy journalism.”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom

Get in Touch.

Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

BlogRoll

Previous posts

Archives

A Little Black Country Grammar

Ahr - Yes
Ar bin - I am
Bostin - Terrific
Geaus - Give me
Gob - Mouth
Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
Quoit - Exactly, entirely
Or roit? - Are you well?
Trarabit - See you again soon
More?? Here.



Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
"jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.