Top Shop Party



Holy shit. Here's my post match review of the TopShop party:

1) Got there to find we were given 2 fucking drinks tokens. What the fuck, I'm a VIP??! Surely, SURELY I deserve better than this?

2) Minor panic (and revokement of VIP status) avoided when told further tokens available at the bar. Phew.

3) 0898 Dave was onstage when we got in. He reminds me of Money Mark, even though he hasn't ever been in the Beastie Boys.

4) The queue at the bar was immense. It was far easier in the backroom. Still, free bar, though somewhat hindered by the ridiculous bar token fetching thing.

5) JD and coke is ace. Especially when it's triples served in long glasses. And then topped up from Matts Hip flask.

6) The Long Blondes were good. First 2 songs were a bit flaccid, but they perked up a fair old bit when Mick Rock appeared with a camera. Lust in the Movies is a fucking tune.

7) Mick Rock ACTUALLY TOOK HIS FUCKING SHADES OFF TO TAKE A PICTURE. I had to pinch myself to check I wasn't dreaming. He's got eyes and everything.

8) Every single scenester in Manchester was there. Seriously. Only people that were either looking after their own nights or queuing up for housing in Salford missed out.

9) No sign of Guy Garvey. It ain't a party without Garvey.

10) I'm not as pissed as I could be. I'm quite surprised.

On the upside, I'm about 6 tracks into the Longcut album. It's great. Track 4 "Holy Funk" and recent live favourite "A Tried and Tested Method" are awesome. I can't post up any tunes off it for a couple more weeks, because the CD is "unique and traceable", therefore the Deltasonic/Columbia Secret Police will come round to my flat in the middle of the night and wee all over my clean clothes if I do. Don't fret though, there'll be a cock teasing quasi-review next week so if you can hold on for a bit (and not spunk up the walls) then we'll all get along fine.

Maybe I'm more pissed than I thought. Ho hum.

0 Responses to “Top Shop Party”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      Subscribe in Rojo
        Add black country grammar to Newsburst from CNET News.com
          Add to Google
              Add to My AOL
                Subscribe in FeedLounge
                  Add to netvibes
                    Subscribe in Bloglines
                      Add black country grammar to ODEO
                        Subscribe in podnova
                          British Blog Directory.
                            Google PageRank Checker Tool
                                dotdashcreate.com Submit your Blogs!

Subscribe by Email!!

    Enter your email address below, and get sent an update whenever something new gets posted. Easy.

Get in Touch.

    Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

Shoutbox

    Send me your track

BlogRoll

    follow me on Twitter

    Previous posts

    Archives

    A Little Black Country Grammar

      Ahr - Yes
      Ar bin - I am
      Bostin - Terrific
      Geaus - Give me
      Gob - Mouth
      Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
      Quoit - Exactly, entirely
      Or roit? - Are you well?
      Trarabit - See you again soon
      More?? Here.
    Who links to me?


    Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
    "jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.