Penalties.



I've got over our loss to Portugal yesterday. It didn't take long, and it didn't take any self medicating either, because we haven't played well all tournament, and yesterday we got our come-uppance.

I know the usual English footballing way is to find someone to blame. This time, there are no excuses. Sven lost the plot, he had a great chance to fulfil his initial promise in 2000 that we were capable of winning the World Cup this year. We haven't though, due to an inept squad selection (which smacked of a De-mobbed former employee) and a seeming lack of motivation running through the entire squad.

Paul Robinson - World Class? Has plenty more to prove that he doesn't just flap when in the spotlight.

Rio Ferdinand - Arguably one of the worlds finest centre halves, but also one of the laziest.

John Terry - Always there, yet has less pace than a stoned tortoise.

Ashley Cole - A shining light in the team, played with the heart and optimism you'd expect from an England player.

David Beckham - Why does he even bother. He can't run, and gets the jitters so badly in big games he throws up everywhere.

Steven Gerrard - Had the opportunity to show the world he's a great midfielder. Didn't really do it though.

Frank Lampard - Fat jibes aside, he's always worth a bet as first England scorer. That's why I'm 20 quid down so far this tournament.

Owen Hargreaves - Like most people, I've given him loads of stick over the years. He's played brilliantly over the World Cup, and with performances like that it's probably time we give him the respect he deserves.

Joe Cole - Moments of individual brilliance are always squandered by a selfish attempt on goal.

Michael Owen - Getting injured saved him face, as there wasn't much chance of him scoring anyway.

Peter Crouch - Nice try, but he'll never have that quality which puts him in the English elite. Played to the best of his ability though.

Theo Walcott - I've never played in the Premiership either.

Wayne Rooney - He was always an unknown quantity for the tournament. Came back from injury well - shame about the bloody stupid sending off.

Sven Goran-Eriksson - Punched his fist more than I've seen before, though with his tie done up so tight, the heat obviously went to his head.

I'm not trying to hold anyone accountable, but if Ronaldo isn't going to be welcomed back into English football, then I think it's about time we were all grown up enough to look towards our own before blaming everyone elses.

I know this isn't a football blog, but I had to get that off my chest. C'mon France!

MP3 New Order - World in Motion

0 Responses to “Penalties.”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      Subscribe in Rojo
        Add black country grammar to Newsburst from CNET News.com
          Add to Google
              Add to My AOL
                Subscribe in FeedLounge
                  Add to netvibes
                    Subscribe in Bloglines
                      Add black country grammar to ODEO
                        Subscribe in podnova
                          British Blog Directory.
                            Google PageRank Checker Tool
                                dotdashcreate.com Submit your Blogs!

Subscribe by Email!!

    Enter your email address below, and get sent an update whenever something new gets posted. Easy.

Get in Touch.

    Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

Shoutbox

    Send me your track

BlogRoll

    follow me on Twitter

    Previous posts

    Archives

    A Little Black Country Grammar

      Ahr - Yes
      Ar bin - I am
      Bostin - Terrific
      Geaus - Give me
      Gob - Mouth
      Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
      Quoit - Exactly, entirely
      Or roit? - Are you well?
      Trarabit - See you again soon
      More?? Here.
    Who links to me?


    Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
    "jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.