Someone Stole Spinto's Mandolin!



Tonight was rather busy at the old Manchester Academy. In Academy 2 were My Morning Jacket (who me and Rich went to see), and occupying the 'Jackets normal spot in Academy 3 were the Spinto Band. Pretty much every scenester was at one or t'other tonight, which both Rich and I saw as an ideal opportunity for flyering. Handing out flyers to strangers is one of the down sides of promotions: It's a situation whereby you're forced to hand bits of paper to people regardless of whether they give a monkeys for your cause or not. It also has to be done NO MATTER THE WEATHER.

Anyway, about 10 minutes into our stint, once the Jacket fans had cleared and the Spinto ones emerged, a rather exasperated member of the tour crew ran up to me demanding "Have you seen anyone with a mandolin?!". Now, I didn't remember seeing anyone on stage with such an instrument, and certainly no-one was brandishing one when I handed them a flyer. I helpfully responded "no".

Cue more frantic running around, although this time with Spinto members. It turns out that a helpful scally had pinched their mandolin, and run off to put it on ebay. After much action resembling that of a coop of headless chickens, defeat was accepted by the band. It does, unfortunately, mean that the band will have nothing but bad memories when thinking of my beloved home, yet still it made the painful art of handing bits of paper to strangers more interesting. Ho hum.

MP3 The Spinto Band - Oh Mandy

MP3 My Morning Jacket - At Dawn

NB The above picture was taken during happier times for the Spinto Band at T in the Park this year.

0 Responses to “Someone Stole Spinto's Mandolin!”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      Subscribe in Rojo
        Add black country grammar to Newsburst from CNET News.com
          Add to Google
              Add to My AOL
                Subscribe in FeedLounge
                  Add to netvibes
                    Subscribe in Bloglines
                      Add black country grammar to ODEO
                        Subscribe in podnova
                          British Blog Directory.
                            Google PageRank Checker Tool
                                dotdashcreate.com Submit your Blogs!

Subscribe by Email!!

    Enter your email address below, and get sent an update whenever something new gets posted. Easy.

Get in Touch.

    Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

Shoutbox

    Send me your track

BlogRoll

    follow me on Twitter

    Previous posts

    Archives

    A Little Black Country Grammar

      Ahr - Yes
      Ar bin - I am
      Bostin - Terrific
      Geaus - Give me
      Gob - Mouth
      Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
      Quoit - Exactly, entirely
      Or roit? - Are you well?
      Trarabit - See you again soon
      More?? Here.
    Who links to me?


    Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
    "jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.