Phil Collins: Sidekick of Evil?



Late last year, a band I was DJing before handed me a CD, and on their cue, asked me to play the track before they came onstage. It was "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven" - I was horrified. It then got worse as the crowd started to dance, and laugh, and look like they were having a good time. At the last Get Girl, Pasta Paul had a fucking request for "Sussudio" and played it while everyone had a smile on their face. And to top it all off, this week the web has been ablaze with the new Cadburys commercial, which features a Gorilla drumming along to "In the Air Tonight". Like - what the fuck - it's a Phil-fucking-Collins track for crying out loud! Seriously, when did he become cool?

MP3 Phil Collins - Sussudio

MP3 Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

PS - I can't find "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven". I promise I'll post it later.

0 Responses to “Phil Collins: Sidekick of Evil?”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom

Get in Touch.

Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

BlogRoll

Previous posts

Archives

A Little Black Country Grammar

Ahr - Yes
Ar bin - I am
Bostin - Terrific
Geaus - Give me
Gob - Mouth
Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
Quoit - Exactly, entirely
Or roit? - Are you well?
Trarabit - See you again soon
More?? Here.



Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
"jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.