Vote for the Black Country!



As some of you know, I'm actually from an area in the Middle of the UK called the Black Country, yet I currently reside in Manchester in the North West. While I don't get back to my hometown very often, I know where I'm from, and I still carry a slight Midlands twinge to my accent, despite not having lived there for 10 years.

The National Lottery are offering a £50 million grant to 1 of 4 locations in the UK, to put towards Urban regeneration and other such things. Word has reached me that the Black Country is one of those locations, so I figured it's only appropriate to ask all of you if you would be able to log in and vote for my home town. At the end of the day, if you have no allegiance to the other 3, then what's stopping you?? Click here for more info and a documentary featuring Toyal Wilcox. Oh yes.

Here's something from one of the Midlands more famous residents anyway.

MP3 Led Zeppelin - Kashmir / Mirror

0 Responses to “Vote for the Black Country!”

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom

Get in Touch.

Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

BlogRoll

Previous posts

Archives

A Little Black Country Grammar

Ahr - Yes
Ar bin - I am
Bostin - Terrific
Geaus - Give me
Gob - Mouth
Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
Quoit - Exactly, entirely
Or roit? - Are you well?
Trarabit - See you again soon
More?? Here.



Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
"jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.