C_t Co_y



What's going on with Cut Copy and their live show? I went to see them last night, only to find that there wasn't much of a "playing live" element. It can only be assumed that their sound has been sculpted to such an nth degree by a producer in the studio (in this case, Tim Goldsworthy) that they struggle to reproduce it live. Last night saw plenty of miming, with a guitar at one point so obviously not being played during a solo that it was almost insulting. The crowd didn't care as it all sounded rather impressive, but the performance really left the band exposed. If they're to pull off playing live in the future, they might need to actually play something to make it convincing.

MP3 Ladyhawke - Paris is Burning (Cut Copy Remix)

3 Responses to “C_t Co_y”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Jon, it is simply because you were dazzled by Radiohead an evening or so before hand :)  

  2. # Blogger jonthebeef

    I was really looking forward to the gig though. Seeing a band whose album I quite enjoy in a small venue provides the opposite of a big open air gig. Still, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing - they hardly touched their instruments, they were playing along to a massive backing track. Really surprising, and really shit too.  

  3. # Blogger DFF Sound System

    I saw them on thurs doing a joint headline with example, i know what you mean about the whole backing track thing, bit lame. They played for about 20 mins too long in my opinion too  

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      Subscribe in Rojo
        Add black country grammar to Newsburst from CNET News.com
          Add to Google
              Add to My AOL
                Subscribe in FeedLounge
                  Add to netvibes
                    Subscribe in Bloglines
                      Add black country grammar to ODEO
                        Subscribe in podnova
                          British Blog Directory.
                            Google PageRank Checker Tool
                                dotdashcreate.com Submit your Blogs!

Subscribe by Email!!

    Enter your email address below, and get sent an update whenever something new gets posted. Easy.

Get in Touch.

    Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

Shoutbox

    Send me your track

BlogRoll

    follow me on Twitter

    Previous posts

    Archives

    A Little Black Country Grammar

      Ahr - Yes
      Ar bin - I am
      Bostin - Terrific
      Geaus - Give me
      Gob - Mouth
      Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
      Quoit - Exactly, entirely
      Or roit? - Are you well?
      Trarabit - See you again soon
      More?? Here.
    Who links to me?


    Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
    "jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.