Have... itch. Must... scratch.



Last night, following a rather good episode of Skins, I tweeted:

"What was the tune at the end of Skins tonight (before Uptown Top Ranking). I'm sure it was Low... help?!"

No-one helped. Not a single one of you. So tonight, I had absolutely no choice. I had to sit and listen to 30 seconds of ever Low track in my possession. This isn't such a bad thing as I'm quite fond of the band, though it was still something of a labour intensive exercise. And as it goes, seeing as I wasn't scanning through all the albums in chronological order or anything, it cropped up towards the end of the session, as the first track on "Things we lost in the fire". I should have instantly recognised it, but hey, I'm having some memory issues at the moment.

MP3 Low - Sunflower

2 Responses to “Have... itch. Must... scratch.”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    I'll be honest, I'd never heard any of Low's stuff until Skins last Monday (great episode btw), and now I'm the proud owner of a couple of their albums, that song had me on a frantic search to find out who it was!  

  2. # Blogger jonthebeef

    Good stuff, they're ace. 'The Great Destroyer' is my favourite, though 'Things we lost in the fire' is a very close second. I wasn't much of a fan of 'Drums and Guns', though I guess you can only go with the slowcore sound for so long.  

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      Subscribe in Rojo
        Add black country grammar to Newsburst from CNET News.com
          Add to Google
              Add to My AOL
                Subscribe in FeedLounge
                  Add to netvibes
                    Subscribe in Bloglines
                      Add black country grammar to ODEO
                        Subscribe in podnova
                          British Blog Directory.
                            Google PageRank Checker Tool
                                dotdashcreate.com Submit your Blogs!

Subscribe by Email!!

    Enter your email address below, and get sent an update whenever something new gets posted. Easy.

Get in Touch.

    Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

Shoutbox

    Send me your track

BlogRoll

    follow me on Twitter

    Previous posts

    Archives

    A Little Black Country Grammar

      Ahr - Yes
      Ar bin - I am
      Bostin - Terrific
      Geaus - Give me
      Gob - Mouth
      Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
      Quoit - Exactly, entirely
      Or roit? - Are you well?
      Trarabit - See you again soon
      More?? Here.
    Who links to me?


    Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
    "jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.