RIP Electro (2005-2008)



Electro is dead. It passed away around 4pm today, when I discovered a Star Wars/Justice mashup. I nearly puked: It's that bad. It's always a key marker for a genre when someone produces a track with a Star Wars sample - it clearly means the genre is on it's way out, as there's no more material to splice. Fucking awful awful awful. If you really want to arrest your ears, head over here for a listen. When I add this to Cut Copy's miming last night, and the rumour that Justice are producing the new Chilis album, I can only summise that it's all over. Long live disco.

MP3 The Chemical Brothers - Electronic Battle Weapon 10

5 Responses to “RIP Electro (2005-2008)”

  1. # Blogger James

    That really is the only picture you could have used for this post, isn't it? Eyyyy!  

  2. # Blogger Chris

    I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

    At least it's over. It was fun while it last, but it lasted too long.  

  3. # Blogger Sovietpanda

    "Cut Copy's miming"

    THANK YOU for being the first blog I have read to point this out. I still have to write my diatribe on how bad they were live  

  4. # Blogger benjimite

    The amount of shit electro around is simply hideous. Remixing everything, every classic that they can get their hands on. I accidentally downloaded this remix of Out Of Space by The Prodigy with a shit load of chainsaws over the top. Thanks goodness for disco  

  5. # Blogger James Rand

    I agree.

    It's been too long and electro is on it's arse at the moment thanks to Kissy Sellout and his A.D.D Fisher Price branding and sugar coating.

    Whilst I am down with your disco comments, I am far more inclined to believe that heavy minimal techno is the way forward.

    Check MOS - Emotional Distortion (Popof Remix) and tell me I'm wrong.  

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      Subscribe in Rojo
        Add black country grammar to Newsburst from CNET News.com
          Add to Google
              Add to My AOL
                Subscribe in FeedLounge
                  Add to netvibes
                    Subscribe in Bloglines
                      Add black country grammar to ODEO
                        Subscribe in podnova
                          British Blog Directory.
                            Google PageRank Checker Tool
                                dotdashcreate.com Submit your Blogs!

Subscribe by Email!!

    Enter your email address below, and get sent an update whenever something new gets posted. Easy.

Get in Touch.

    Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

Shoutbox

    Send me your track

BlogRoll

    follow me on Twitter

    Previous posts

    Archives

    A Little Black Country Grammar

      Ahr - Yes
      Ar bin - I am
      Bostin - Terrific
      Geaus - Give me
      Gob - Mouth
      Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
      Quoit - Exactly, entirely
      Or roit? - Are you well?
      Trarabit - See you again soon
      More?? Here.
    Who links to me?


    Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
    "jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.