Weekend excitement.



I'm well excited, as this week Shoplifters moves to Odder on Oxford Road in Manchester, for a weekly Saturday night residency. Me and James from Yer Mam! will then be DJing at the Bay Horse Bank Holiday BBQ on Sunday from 5pm til late. Both are free, so get yourselves down to one or t'other if you're in the area. Here's some tracks you can probably expect from me over the course of the weekend.

Mancunian electro poppers Modernaire have had a stab at remixing Metronomy's great new single 'Heartbreaker' and it's by no means a bad effort.

MP3 Metronomy - Heartbreaker (Modernaire Remix)

Parisian Instituber Surkin has a new single out titled 'Next of Kin' featuring a meaty remix by Todd Edwards. Check out the Chromeo mash of the following house gem at Surkin's MySpazz.

MP3 Surkin - White Knight Two

And finally, to celebrate the release of new compilation 'Brotherhood', the Chemical Brothers have pulled in little known Belgian duo Soulwax to remix 'Hey Boy Hey Girl'. I've also heard on pretty good authority that a version exists that replaces the "Superstar DJs" bit with "2 Many DJs... HERE WE GO!". Let me know if you find it.

MP3 The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl (Soulwax Remix) / Mirror

8 Responses to “Weekend excitement.”

  1. # Blogger Sovietpanda

    would you mind reposting the Chemical Brothers track? it would be much appreciated. thanks!  

  2. # Blogger jonthebeef

    Still working buddy...  

  3. # Blogger Sovietpanda

    when I click 'download file' it says the download limit has been reached  

  4. # Blogger jonthebeef

    There's a mirror posted now. Enjoy!  

  5. # Blogger Gareth McColgan

    Jesus!! Downloaded the 2manydjs tune the other day whilst reading the blog.. and never thought anything of it.
    NOW, I'm listening to Justice live at Amnesia and they're playing the tune with "2Many djs" dubbed in instead of the "Superstar Djs"..

    So, your tip was right, only I wouldn't be surprised that it's Justice who've edited it to say 2 Many djs lol.

    Love,
    Gareth.  

  6. # Blogger Gareth McColgan

    And, considering I can't edit that last post, I just thought I'd add that it took me about 15minutes of looking through my history to try find this page :P  

  7. # Blogger jonthebeef

    Hi Gareth

    I'm not sure if Soulwax did that edit for themselves and then gave it to Justice?? Hopefully it'll do the rounds soon.

    Could I have made it any easier for you to find this post?

    J  

  8. # Blogger Gareth McColgan

    Nah, the only reason it took long to find was because I came here via the Hype Machine and only visited the one page.

    I downloaded the tunes, read the post and then left it :P

    OHH! I've an idea. You could put your sites URL into the tunes as a comment? That way I could've found it in two seconds :P

    PS. Would you be up for posting about a mix from me 8-)  

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom



Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      Subscribe in Rojo
        Add black country grammar to Newsburst from CNET News.com
          Add to Google
              Add to My AOL
                Subscribe in FeedLounge
                  Add to netvibes
                    Subscribe in Bloglines
                      Add black country grammar to ODEO
                        Subscribe in podnova
                          British Blog Directory.
                            Google PageRank Checker Tool
                                dotdashcreate.com Submit your Blogs!

Subscribe by Email!!

    Enter your email address below, and get sent an update whenever something new gets posted. Easy.

Get in Touch.

    Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

Shoutbox

    Send me your track

BlogRoll

    follow me on Twitter

    Previous posts

    Archives

    A Little Black Country Grammar

      Ahr - Yes
      Ar bin - I am
      Bostin - Terrific
      Geaus - Give me
      Gob - Mouth
      Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
      Quoit - Exactly, entirely
      Or roit? - Are you well?
      Trarabit - See you again soon
      More?? Here.
    Who links to me?


    Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
    "jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.