Wild Combination.



A new DVD titled "Wild Combination: A Portrait of Arthur Russell" drops on 3rd November following a rather splendid sounding launch at the ICA Bar in London with a Russell inspired DJ set from Optimos Twitch. The film is a portait of the avant jazz/disco superstar who died from AIDS in 1992 and contains rare archival footage and commentary from Arthur's family and friends.

MP3 Arthur Russell - Keeping Up

MP3 Arthur Russell - Springfield (DFA Remix)*

* I first posted this a couple of years ago, but it's way too good not to hear again.

2 Responses to “Wild Combination.”

  1. # Blogger Subservient Experiment

    Arthur Russel looks like he suffers from Bill Murray cheek syndrome. -no that's not a made-up condition.

    =w=  

  2. # Blogger Jon Beaumont

    Mmmmmm, I like a bit of cello action. This triggered memories of Faze Action's 'In The Trees', which uses cello to great effect.  

Post a Comment

Music posted up here is for evaluation only, and only online for a limited time. If you're an artist, band or label that would like something removed, please get in touch. Otherwise, enjoy the blog!

About me

  • I'm jonthebeef
  • From Manchester, North West, United Kingdom

Get in Touch.

Would you like me to come and play your night, or have something for me to listen to? Drop me a line here. If you've missed out on any music because of the seven day rule, email and if it's possible I'll email it to you.

BlogRoll

Previous posts

Archives

A Little Black Country Grammar

Ahr - Yes
Ar bin - I am
Bostin - Terrific
Geaus - Give me
Gob - Mouth
Kipper Tie - Cup of Tea
Quoit - Exactly, entirely
Or roit? - Are you well?
Trarabit - See you again soon
More?? Here.



Hey! Any music I post links to here is to help promote the artists! If you want me to take it down, please send a nice, polite email to
"jon at black country grammar dot co dot uk" and it'll be done. Ta.